Monday, February 24, 2014

On the Spot: Luigi Vernazza

On The Spot gives us an opportunity to get to know something about our colleagues. Today it is Commercial Director Luigi Vernazza.

What was your first job?
Working at my dad’s ice cream factory whilst at school. If I wanted extra pocket money, I had to do all the menial jobs no one else wanted to do!

In less than 200 words describe your job at Ferno?
As Commercial Director, my role is to lead the sales, marketing and service teams to even greater success in our markets. Working closely with all our colleagues in Ferno as a whole, we will strive to continually improve our products, processes, services, systems and skills to ensure we offer our customers’ solutions which meet their needs over and above what our competitors can offer.
It is my responsibility to ensure that everything we do commercially is as effective as possible to grow our company’s revenue and profitability whilst meeting our customers’ needs.

What would be your ideal day out of the office?
Chilling out on a secluded, tropical beach with Scarlett Johansson and a couple of bottles of good champagne!

Name one person you would like to have dinner with and why?
Nigella Lawson as long as she cooks dinner - because she comes across as funny and interesting , she is nice to look at and most importantly……. the food would be great! ?

What was your best subject at school?
Physics and PE.

What would you do if you won the national lottery?
Be very happy!

What is your favourite garment and why?
My stripy Paul Smith dressing gown. I can be completely chilled whilst still looking dapper and fashionable.

What was your worst mistake and why?
Buying a betamax video recorder when everyone else was buying VHS. The betamax may have been more aesthetically pleasing, but six months down the line I couldn’t buy any movies to play on it! Professionally, I believe that we all learn all the time and can always improve, so I probably haven’t made my worst mistake yet.

What is your favourite time of day and why?
Early morning because I can look forward to another full and exciting day at Ferno (Do I get extra brownie points for that answer? ?)

Top five favourite songs of all time?
Just click on the links to see more…
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Can’t Stop
Coldplay: Fix You
The Calling: Wherever You Will Go
Bruce Springsteen: Born To Run
Elbow: One Day Like This

No comments:

Post a Comment