Friday, July 19, 2013

On The Spot: Trevor Smith

On The Spot gives us an opportunity to get to know something about our colleagues and will feature irregularly over the next couple of month. First up is Trevor Smith, Service Technician

What was your first job?

Apprentice Diesel Fitter

In less than 200 words describe your job at Ferno
My position within Ferno as a service technician requires that I visit customer premises and conduct service and or repair work as required. This role requires a high degree of attention to detail and a “can do” attitude. The ability to work within a time constraint without sacrificing the quality of the work Is paramount. Further to this it is important that any observations on site are passed on to head office in the pursuance of the overall positive experience of the client.

What would be your ideal day out of the office? 

Working in the field on a daily basis, my vehicle is my office, so, an ideal day OUT of the office would be IN, the office.

Name one person you would like to have dinner with and why?
Professor Brian Cox, a thoroughly interesting chap!

What was your best subject at school?

Science and English.

What would you do if you won the national lottery?
I would buy a boat! And a new car! And a bigger TV!

What is your favourite garment and why?
My dressing gown! Because when I put it on it signifies a relaxing evening in front of my small (ish) TV

What was your worst mistake and why?
Am I allowed to say getting married (twice)? No? OK, in that case, getting a very large lump hammer to drive in a stave, then forgetting to remove my thumb.

What is your favourite time of day and why?
Early morning, the air is crisp, and I have the whole day ahead.

Top five favourite songs of all time?
Gosh, that’s a toughy,

Alan Jackson: It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
Lady Antebelham: I Need You Now
Toby Keith: As Good As I Once Was
Garth Brooks: If Tomorrow Never Comes
Mario Lanza: Ave Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment