Sunday, May 6, 2012

Well done to David Elliot - 10 marathons in 10 days

Congratulations to David Elliot of Wellhouse Leisure, who, on Saturday, completed ten back-to-back marathons from Yeovil to Town!
David’s Ten Marathons In Ten Days for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance Keep It Up Campaign was very courageous and we should all support him on Just Giving.com.
Ferno have assisted in the sponsorship of the support vehicle which followed David every mile along the way.
Wellhouse Leisure is the UK's leading manufacturer of compact motorhomes. Situated near Huddersfield, it offers a range of conversions based on Toyota , Nissan, Honda and Mazda/Ford vehicles. It has also converted the new Hyundai i800 for which it has won three major industry awards.
Ferno would like to thank David for his commitment over the past week and his support for Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
In his own words. Here are David’s thoughts on what he has done and his achievements:
After ten gruelling days from Yeovil Town to Huddersfield Town doing  marathon a day, it was tough! And beyond anything I have ever experienced. Even compared to what I have done in the past, some very dark days hit me. Especially Sunday and Monday when the weather and then my thigh started to give in. Added to that I now appear to have a hole in the heel of my foot..
However, all things must pass and yesterday, when I did the last bit running through Huddersfield along with the bike riders to the Huddersfield Town stadium everything fell in to place. I can only describe it as a "big welcome" for me and the bikers (280 of them who had a rough ride as well) when we got to the chance to do a lap of the pitch with chairman Dean Hoyle.
Reflecting on what we have done I can only say that the next time someone suggests doing something like this I will learn to say "NO". It really took every last drop on energy I had both mentally and physically.
For pictures check me out on Facebook.
For those who want to sponsor me please go here and make a donation. Hopefully, we should raise more than £3,500 in which is fantastic.
Did I think I could do it ? I really didn't know, what I did know was after day I was in to the unknown but by day five I thought it was over and the last three days were great as I got closer to home but the last day was special and something I will never forget.
As always a massive thanks to all my sponsors of the van and donations and everyone that pledged, this was the one where your money was probably safe "sorry".
Well done David - great effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment